Q: What is UV-Free tanning?
A: UV-Free tanning is accomplished by having a self tanner sprayed evenly on the body. It is great when you need a tan quick or if you have a hard time tanning naturally.
Q: How does UV-Free tanning work?
A: Our product contains an FDA-approved cosmetic ingedient called dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA works by reacting with the keratin protein in the top layer of your skin. The DHA in our UV-Free solution is derived from a vegetable source such as sugar beets or sugar cane. The DHA that is sprayed onto your skin reacts with the proteins to create a tan. The tan begins to appear within a few hours and is complete after about 8 hours. The solution contains a walnut and carmel extract combination that provides an immediate natural bronze tan. This instant coloring agent washes off with a shower, leaving the actual tan that has been created by the DHA.
Q: What makes UV-Free tanning better than self-tanning lotions?
A: The solution is sprayed evenly over the entire body. With a lotion, it is liekly that too much may be applied to certain areas or that spots may be missed.
Q: What kind of results can I expect?
A: The darker you tan naturally, the darker you will tan with airbrush tanning system. The reaction looks natural, as if from the sun.
Q: Why use UV-Free tanning?
A: You should use Sunless Tanning because
- You can get UV-Free tanning even if you can't get a real tan
- UV-Free tans are completely safe
- UV-Free tans take less time than a real tan
- You can touch up tan lines and the hard to-get tanning spots
Q: How long will my UV-Free tan last?
A: Your UV-Free tan an last up to 14 days depending on your body and how well you maintain it. Keeping your skin moisturized with a professional quality moisturizer will double the length of your tan.
Q: How will the session be performed and how long will it take?
A: The sesion will be performed in a private room where the solution is airbrush sprayed over your by a professionally training individual. When you come in, our fully trained staff will explain the procedure step by step. The total time you will need for the session is about 30-40 minutes.
Q: What do I wear for my UV-Free tanning session?
A: During your session, undress to whatever you are comfortable with. We recommend you wear dark, loose fitting clothing to the session because you may feel sticky after the session. Avoid wood, nylon, and silk because the DHA may react with the fabric after the session.
Q: How do I prepare for my UV-Free tanning session?
A: For best results
- Shower, shave, and exfoliate before your session
- Ensure your skin is free of perfumes, lotions, deodorants, or any other skin products that would create a barrier to the solution
- Ensure there is no soap residue left of your body
Q: How do I best maintain my UV-Free tan?
A: For best results:
- Limit physical activity or anything that may cause perspiration after your session until your first shower
- Wait at least 8-12 hours after your session before showering, the longer the better
- Do not use a loofah, scrub mitt, body scrub, or bar soap while showering
- Use a new, sharp razor when shaving
- Pat dry whenever wet
- Moisturize twice daily with a tan extender after your first shower
- If you are exposed to the sun or tanning beds, be sure to apply sunscreen, as the airbrush tan does not protect you from burning
- Avoid exfolidating, swimming pools, and hot tubs
- When applying perfume or bug spray, mist across yourself, do not rub
- Avoid products with mineral oils.