UV-Free Airbrush Tanning Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is UV-Free tanning?
A: UV-Free tanning is accomplished by having a self-tanner sprayed evenly on the body. It is great when you need a tan quick or if you have a hard time tanning naturally.
Q: How does UV-Free tanning work?
A: Our product contains an FDA-approved cosmetic ingredient called dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA works by reacting with the keratin protein in the top layer of your skin. The DHA in our UV-Free solution is derived from a vegetable source such as sugar beets or sugar cane. The DHA that is sprayed onto your skin reacts with the proteins to create a tan. The tan begins to appear within a few hours and is complete after about 8 hours. The solution contains a walnut and caramel extract combination that provides an immediate natural bronze tan. This instant coloring agent washes off with a shower, leaving the actual tan that has been created by the DHA.
Q: What makes UV-Free tanning better than self-tanning lotions?
A: The solution is sprayed evenly over the entire body. With a lotion, it is likely that too much may be applied to certain areas or that spots may be missed.
Q: What kind of results can I expect?
A: The darker you tan naturally, the darker you will tan with the airbrush tanning system. The reaction looks natural, as if from the sun.
Q: Why use UV-Free tanning?
A: You should use Sunless Tanning because:
- You can get UV-Free tanning even if you can't get a real tan
- UV-Free tans are completely safe
- UV-Free tans take less time than a real tan
- You can touch up tan lines and the hard-to-get tanning spots
Q: How long will my UV-Free tan last?
A: Your UV-Free tan can last up to 14 days, depending on your body and how well you maintain it. Keeping your skin moisturized with a professional quality moisturizer will double the length of your tan.
Q: How will the session be performed and how long will it take?
A: The session will be performed in a private room where the solution is airbrush sprayed over your by a professionally training individual. When you come in, our fully trained staff will explain the procedure step by step. The total time you will need for the session is about 30-40 minutes.
Q: What do I wear for my UV-Free tanning session?
A: During your session, undress to whatever you are comfortable with. We recommend you wear dark, loose-fitting clothing to the session because you may feel sticky after the session. Avoid wood, nylon, and silk because the DHA may react with the fabric after the session.
Q: How do I prepare for my UV-Free tanning session?
A: For best results:
- Shower, shave and exfoliate before your session
- Ensure your skin is free of perfumes, lotions, deodorants, or any other skin products that would create a barrier to the solution
- Ensure there is no soap residue left of your body
Q: How do I best maintain my UV-Free tan?
A: For best results:
- Limit physical activity or anything that may cause perspiration after your session until your first shower
- Wait at least 8-12 hours after your session before showering, the longer, the better
- Do not use a loofah, scrub mitt, body scrub, or bar soap while showering
- Use a new, sharp razor when shaving
- Pat dry whenever wet
- Moisturize twice daily with a tan extender after your first shower
- If you are exposed to the sun or tanning beds, be sure to apply sunscreen, as the airbrush tan does not protect you from burning
- Avoid exfoliating, swimming pools, and hot tubs
- When using perfume or bug spray, mist across yourself, do not rub
- Avoid products with mineral oils.